Tuesday 7 June 2016

Little Discoveries....


So both these Brownies belong to my Momma.
The Kodak Six-20 Brownie C was my Grandmothers.  My mom said I can play with it but she would like to keep it.  Hmmm I'm not sure I'm going to be able to part with it.  But she's given me the Kodak Portrait Brownie No.2 which is specifically for portraiture, right.

So after much research, getting 620 film is near impossible.  I discovered that if you have the original 620 reels - you can roll 120 Medium Format Film onto them (in the dark).  I loved this idea and or course I have 120 FilmStock.  So I rolled my film today.  But thought I would get them serviced first.  When I phoned my service company, he laughed at me and basically said there is absolutely nothing to service as there is nothing inside, no mechanism really.  It's basically just a box.... and my mind was like "of course".  So I didn't delay - I found a tutorial online how to load up my film stock and now I have two loaded Brownies.  I'm beyond excited.  I know it's silly but I feel like a child.

As for this sweet tiny little camera...
It's a Rex 4 Colour Luna.  It's been in my home as an ornament since before we got married.  I believed it didn't work - well I opened it up and I'm thrilled to say it completely works.  It's my hubby's grandfather's camera.  Now I have two Grandfather's cameras in my hands and my daughters are fighting me for them.   It's as basic as my Lubitel 166+ run on the same premise.  I'm getting more 35mm film stock tomorrow.

I now officially have 6 cameras in my camera bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment